How Does it Work?
The GotVoice Message Center is a downloadable Windows application that will automatically retrieve all of your voicemail from your computer’s desktop. After downloading the application, just click to open the setup wizard and follow the instructions to begin use.
Click Here for complete installation instructions.
|Once you have completed the installation, an icon will appear in your Window’s systems tray in the lower right hand corner of your desktop. To use any of GotVoice’s features, simply right click on the icon and select the task you’d like the message center to perform.
Installing the GotVoice Message Center will still allow you to use GotVoice from the web and from any Windows computer with Internet access.
* This application is designed for Windows 2000 and XP only.
|Downloading and installation Instructions:Begin by downloading the GotVoice Message Center Application
|Step 1 – GotVoice Message Center Setup WizardWhen you install GotVoiceSetup.zip, you will see a Setup Wizard Screen. Click “Next” to continue the installation.|
|Step 2 – Personal InformationThis screen requires you to enter your email address. This email address should be the same one you entered when signing up for GotVoice. It is used as your account identifier and will be used solely to access your voicemail messages and send them to this email address.
After entering your email address, click “Next” to continue to the next screen.
|Step 3 – Select Destination LocationThis screen asks where you would like to install the GotVoice Message Center application. We have set the default to C:\Program Files\GotVoice\GotVoice Message Center. This is the standard location for program files but you can install it elsewhere if desired.|
|Step 4 – Ready to InstallClick the “Next” button to begin installing the GotVoice Message Center onto your computer. If you need to change any information you have entered, click the “Back” button to correct it now.|
|Step 5 – Complete the GotVoice Message Center Setup WizardClick the “Finish” Button to complete the installation of the GotVoice Message Center application. After you have completed this step, you can access your voicemail by right clicking on the GotVoice Icon in your systems tray located in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.|
|Installation CompleteAfter completing your installation, you can now retrieve new messages and saved message by right clicking on the action and selecting an option.|
If I download the GotVoice Message Center, can I still check my voicemail from the web?
- Yes, the GotVoice Message Center works simply provides another convenient way to use GotVoice from your desktop.
Can I install GotVoice Message Center on more than one computer?
- Yes, the GotVoice Message center can be installed on as many computers as you’d like. Simply enter the email address you provided when you signed up for GotVoice and GotVoice will retrieve and deliver your voice messages to that email address.
Does it cost more to use the GotVoice Message Center.
- No, the Message Center is included as part of the GotVoice service. No additional charges apply.
My GotVoice Message Center Icon disappears when I log onto Windows.
This problem can be eliminated by follong these steps:
- Step 1: – Right click on the blue arrow located in the lower right hand corner of your Windows desktop. Select the “Properties” menu.
- Step 2: – Click on the “Customize” button located at the bottom of the taskbar and Start Menu Properties menu.
- Step 3: – Locate the GotVoice Icon in the Customize Notifications menu. Select the Always Show option. This will ensure that the GotVoice Message Center Icon is always visible in your Systems tray located in the lower right hand corner of your Windows desktop.
I get an error when I use the Got Voice Message Center.
|If you receive this error when using the GotVoice Message Center you most likely entered a different email address than when you signed up with GotVoice. To correct this, right click on the GotVoice Icon, select “Change Account” from the menu and enter the correct email address.|